Monday, December 8, 2008

The Beginning!!!

Interesting, educative, informative and entertaining are mild synonyms for what I have experienced these past 15 weeks of blogging and ITEC 335 in general. Looking back, I have wondered if there was anything I would love to change through the course of this class and I would say maybe one or two. On the other hand, I am wondering that if those times were not present, I might not be feeling the way I am now (happy...definitely). I have decided that I would start blogging when I get back to Nigeria. This is far from over for me. Instead it’s a beginning.


Back to the thing(s) I would have changed in the course. That will be the 14 days of Twitter. The only reason would be that I was not really interested in twitter because I didn’t see its use and effectiveness. That doesn’t mean that other people don’t have a use for it. Just me!!!


My highlights would be when I did the blog about employers recruiting through Facebook. It seemed like someone had unleashed a strange person inside of me. I just couldn’t seem to get past the idea. Maybe because where I come from, we are not even close to that kind of snooping. Hearing some classmates confirm it was surprising not because the employers checked their potential employees Facebook profile but because everybody who had gone through it see it as a norm… Well I still think it is an invasion of someone’s privacy (Just my opinion) Also, there is the measurement of social media ROI where there was the underlying question about how this is done. I found out that it’s not just monetary compensation that is gotten but personal gratification and (of course votes) when a goal is met. The best example of recent that I could think about was the president elect, Barack Obama.


I’m running off again. So sorry but hey what can I say? Anyway, if I was given an opportunity to do this course all over again knowing about it, I most certainly will!!! I was given the best professor anyone could ask for and wonderful classmates who made this experience of ITEC 335 worthwhile. As I go back to Nigeria, I would go with a truckload of memories(the lateral puzzles which I attempted just once, first class, the guest speakers, blog discussions, debates…I could keep going) I can say that I have achieved the purpose of this course which is social networking…connection!!!

No comments: